Bacon and egg cups are easy to make and so much fun to eat. These very tasty cups are the perfect keto and low carb breakfast!
My kids adore these keto bacon and egg cups. They love the fact that they get to hold their eggs and bacon in their hands and eat them as finger food!
Eggs and bacon for breakfast is a fairly ordinary combination, but these paleo and keto bacon and egg cups are far from ordinary. They are pretty and festive, easy to make, and super fun to eat.
The ingredients needed for bacon and egg cups
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe:
- Salt and pepper
How to make bacon and egg cups
It’s a very easy recipe! Scroll down to the recipe card for the full details. Here are the basic steps:
- Partially cook the bacon in the microwave.
- For each cup, place a salami slice at the bottom a greased ramekin.
- Wrap a bacon strip around the sides of the ramekin, forming a “cup.”
- Break an egg into each ramekin. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake until whites are set, 20-25 minutes.
Isn’t bacon unhealthy?
Some studies have shown a correlation between eating processed meat and disease. But they didn’t establish causation, only showed correlation. Confounding circumstances may have existed in these studies. Regardless, it would be unwise to ignore these studies completely.
My own personal choice is to enjoy bacon in moderation, as a condiment rather than as a staple of my diet. You should do your own reading and make your own choice, of course. Here’s a good place to start.
Use ceramic ramekins to make bacon egg cups
I find that it’s best to make them in 4-oz ramekins, which are the same size as muffin cups but are ceramic and so there’s far less risk of the eggs sticking to the pan.
What to do with leftover bacon and egg cups?
You can keep leftovers for 3-4 days in the fridge, in an airtight container. I usually make these bacon and egg cups on the weekend, and leftovers are great for quick weekday breakfasts. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power.
More tasty keto breakfasts that you might like
Another keto portable breakfast that I really like are these egg sausage muffins. They take a bit of work, but they are so delicious, and leftovers keep well for several days. And these baked eggs in tomato sauce are super tasty and very easy to make.
Bacon and Egg Cups
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 strips uncured bacon
- 8 thin salami slices
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place eight 4-oz ramekins on a large baking sheet and spray them, bottom and sides, with olive oil spray.
- Partially cook the bacon: place two paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. Place four slices of bacon on top. Cover the bacon with two more paper towels (to prevent splatters). Microwave for 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining slices. This renders some of the fat and will help the bacon crisp up faster when baking.
- Place a salami slice at the bottom of each ramekin. Wrap a bacon strip around the sides of the ramekin, forming a "cup." Break an egg into each ramekin. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake until whites are set, 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, and carefully run a sharp knife around the edges of each cup to help loosen from the ramekin. Use a soup spoon to carefully lift each cup up from the ramekin, inserting the spoon beneath the salami slice.