Bacon egg cups are easy to make and so much fun to eat. These very tasty cups are the perfect keto breakfast!
My kids adore these keto bacon egg cups. They love the fact that they get to hold their eggs and bacon in their hands and eat them as finger food!
Eggs and bacon for breakfast is a fairly ordinary combination. But these delicious cups are far from ordinary! They are pretty and festive, easy to make, and super fun to eat.
The ingredients needed to make this recipe
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe (exact measurements are included in the recipe card below):
- Bacon: Use thin or medium-cut, not thick-cut.
- Salami: I use it to make a bottom for the bacon “cups.”
- Eggs: Medium or large.
- Olive oil spray.
- Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you might want to reduce the amount you use.
How to make bacon egg cups
It’s a very easy recipe! Scroll down to the recipe card for the full details. Here are the basic steps:
- Partially cook the bacon in the microwave.
- For each cup, place a salami slice at the bottom a greased ramekin.
- Wrap a bacon strip around the sides of the ramekin, forming a “cup.”
- Break an egg into each ramekin. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake until whites are set, 20-25 minutes.
Isn’t bacon unhealthy?
Processed meats have been linked to disease. And while the absolute risk is quite small, I don’t think we should ignore it. My own personal choice is to consume processed meats in moderation. So I only make this recipe on occasion, it’s not a staple of my diet.
Use ceramic ramekins
I find that it’s best to make these cups in 4-oz ramekins, which are the same size as muffin cups but are ceramic and so there’s far less risk of the eggs sticking to the pan.
What to do with leftover bacon egg cups?
You can keep leftovers for 3-4 days in the fridge, in an airtight container. I usually make this recipe on the weekend, and leftovers are great for quick weekday breakfasts. I reheat them in the microwave, covered, on 50% power.
More tasty keto breakfasts that you might like
Another keto portable breakfast that I really like are these egg sausage muffins. They take a bit of work, but they are so delicious, and leftovers keep well for several days. And these baked eggs in tomato sauce are super tasty and very easy to make.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Bacon Egg Cups
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 strips uncured bacon
- 8 thin salami slices
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Place eight 4-oz ramekins on a large baking sheet and spray them, bottom and sides, with olive oil spray.
- Partially cook the bacon: place two paper towels on a microwave-safe plate. Place four slices of bacon on top. Cover the bacon with two more paper towels (to prevent splatters). Microwave for 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining slices. This renders some of the fat and will help the bacon crisp up faster when baking.
- Place a salami slice at the bottom of each ramekin. Wrap a bacon strip around the sides of the ramekin, forming a "cup." Break an egg into each ramekin. Sprinkle the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake until whites are set, 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, and carefully run a sharp knife around the edges of each cup to help loosen from the ramekin. Use a soup spoon to carefully lift each cup up from the ramekin, inserting the spoon beneath the salami slice.