A very tasty crustless vegetable quiche, perfect for brunch, and substantial enough for lunch or dinner. Leftovers are great, warm or cold.
I really like this crustless vegetable quiche. It is gorgeous – so colorful with all the vegetable colors. I serve it often for brunch, and everyone raves about it.
How to make a crustless vegetable quiche
It’s so easy. Mix defrosted mixed vegetables with eggs, sour cream, and spices. Pour into a buttered pie dish and bake until puffed and golden. That’s it! For the detailed instructions, scroll down to the recipe card.
Is this a healthy recipe?
Since it’s a crustless vegetable quiche, it is also relatively low in carbs. Although the veggie mix that I use contains carrots, peas, corn, and green beans, so it’s not very low carb. If you’re on a very low carb diet, you could try finding a lower-carb veggie mix. Or try this wonderful crustless broccoli quiche instead.
How to serve crustless vegetable quiche
Besides serving it for brunch, you can also serve it for dinner. It’s substantial and filling enough to be served as a main course. I like to pair it with a simple tossed salad or with this quick and tasty tomato salad.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers of this crustless vegetable quiche keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. They are delicious warm or even cold. Sometimes I just grab a slice for a quick afternoon snack and eat it straight out of the fridge! It’s surprisingly good. When I do reheat the leftovers, I do it in the microwave on 50% power.
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter for pan
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables (mine had carrots, peas, corn and green beans)
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (not fine table salt)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place the frozen vegetables in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir in the thawed veggies and the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie dish. Bake until golden-brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set in pan on a wire rack, about 15 minutes, before slicing and serving.