A very tasty crustless vegetable quiche, perfect for brunch, and substantial enough for lunch or dinner. Leftovers are great, warm or cold.
I really like this crustless vegetable quiche. It is gorgeous – so colorful with all the vegetable colors. I serve it often for brunch, and everyone raves about it.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty quiche. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Sour cream
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Spices: garlic powder and onion powder
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
How to make a crustless vegetable quiche
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix defrosted mixed vegetables with eggs, sour cream, and spices.
- Pour into a buttered pie dish.
- Bake until puffed and golden.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it is. Eggs are very healthy, as are vegetables. As for the cheese and sour cream in this recipe, current research says that for healthy people, full-fat dairy is harmless and might even have benefits.
Since the quiche has no crust, it is also relatively low in carbs. Although the veggie mix that I use contains carrots, peas, corn, and green beans, so it’s not very low carb.
If you’re on a very low carb diet, you could try finding a lower-carb veggie mix. Or try this wonderful crustless broccoli quiche instead.
How to serve crustless vegetable quiche
Besides serving it for brunch, you can also serve it for dinner. It’s substantial and filling enough to be served as a main course. I like to pair it with a simple tossed salad or with this quick and tasty tomato salad.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. They are delicious warm or even cold.
Sometimes I just grab a slice for a quick afternoon snack and eat it straight out of the fridge! It’s surprisingly good. When I do reheat the leftovers, I do it in the microwave on 50% power.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter for pan
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables (mine had carrots, peas, corn and green beans)
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (not fine table salt)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place the frozen vegetables in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir in the thawed veggies and the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie dish. Bake until golden-brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set in pan on a wire rack, about 15 minutes, before slicing and serving.