A very tasty crustless vegetable quiche, perfect for brunch, and substantial enough for lunch or dinner. Leftovers are great, warm or cold.
I really like this crustless vegetable quiche. It is gorgeous – so colorful with all the vegetable colors. I serve it often for brunch, and everyone raves about it.
Since it’s a crustless vegetable quiche, it is relatively low carb. Although the veggie mix that I use contains carrots, peas, corn and green beans, so it’s not very low carb.
If you’re on a very low carb diet, try to find a lower-carb veggie mix, or try this wonderful crustless broccoli quiche instead.
Besides serving this crustless vegetable quiche for brunch, you can also serve it for dinner. It’s substantial and filling enough to be a main course. I like to pair it with a simple tossed salad.
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 4-5 days, and they are delicious warm or even cold. Sometimes I just grab a slice for a quick afternoon snack and eat it straight out of the fridge! It’s surprisingly good. When I do reheat the leftovers, I do it in the microwave on 50% power.
Crustless Vegetable Quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter for pan
- 16 oz frozen mixed vegetables (mine had carrots, peas, corn and green beans)
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (not fine table salt)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish.
- Place the frozen vegetables in a large microwave safe bowl. Add ¼ cup water. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes, stirring after the first 3 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir in the thawed veggies and the shredded cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie dish. Bake until golden-brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set in pan on a wire rack, about 15 minutes, before slicing and serving.