Tasty, well-seasoned beef kabobs are made in the oven. Broiled just 3 minutes per side, they are ready fast, making them the ideal weeknight dinner.
These beef kabobs are so flavorful! The spice combination is amazing. Such a great solution for steak cuts that are just OK.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these tasty kabobs. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Boneless sirloin steak: You can splurge and use tenderloin instead. But sirloin is very good!
- Olive oil: A healthy oil, but if you worry about cooking with it, you can use avocado oil instead.
- Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you might want to reduce the amount you use.
- Spices: chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Make sure they are fresh! A stale spice can ruin a dish.
How to make beef kabobs
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Cube the steak and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and the seasonings and mix well.
- Thread on skewers.
- Broil for about 3 minutes per side.
Can you make beef kabobs in the oven?
Absolutely! I use the broiler and broil the kabobs for three minutes per side. So they are ready in just six minutes.
What cut of beef to use?
I use sirloin steak in this recipe. It’s a flavorful cut of meat, and although it’s not as tender as tenderloin, it’s not very tough either. So there’s no need to marinate the beef.
Sirloin is a tender enough cut that you can simply cube the steak, mix it with the spiced olive oil, thread on skewers and broil.
While I wouldn’t dream of turning a fatty, juicy ribeye steak into kabobs, I find that sirloin is a bit on the lean side for my taste.
So when sirloin steaks are on sale and I do buy them, I often turn them into these well-seasoned, flavorful kabobs.
How to serve them?
These kabobs are great with a side of vegetables. A few of my favorite side dishes to serve with this dish are:
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers in the fridge, in a sealed container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them gently, in the microwave on 50% power.
More beef sirloin recipes you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
- 1.5 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place beef cubes in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and use your hands to mix well.
- Thread the coated beef cubes on skewers, not touching each other.
- Heat your broiler on high (mine goes up to 550 degrees F).
- Place the skewers on a large rimmed broiler-safe baking sheet. Broil, directly under the heating element, 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.