Wonderfully crispy and flavorful bacon chips are perfect for scooping up guacamole, salsa or sour cream. Great on game day, or anytime you crave something crunchy on the keto diet!
Bacon chips are one of those snacks that help you stop feeling as though you’re missing out on something by being on a low carb or keto diet. They are incredibly tasty, and they are also very easy to make.
How do you make bacon chips?
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card with the full instructions. The basic steps:
- You cut each slice of bacon into three parts.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Then bake until crispy, 15-20 minutes in a 400 degree F oven.
But bacon is unhealthy!
The fact that bacon is fatty shouldn’t be an issue. The real issue is that there’s some evidence, though inconclusive, that processed meats may be carcinogenic. This is, of course, something that you’ll need to decide for yourself – how big is the risk (probably not very big) and is it bigger than the risk of eating a high carb diet.
My own personal choice is to eat bacon, including bacon chips, in moderation. Some weeks I eat two slices per day, some weeks I don’t make bacon at all. Whatever you choose, I think we can all agree that bacon should not be a staple of anyone’s diet.
How to serve bacon chips
Serve them as you would serve any other chips, with your choice of dip. Guacamole is an excellent choice because it’s very healthy. Other options include salsa, ranch dip, and sour cream or Greek yogurt dip.
How to store them?
After they’re completely cool, I store them in a Ziploc bag in the fridge. They should last for about a week, but they never last that long in my house!
More keto chips recipes that you might enjoy
Bacon Chips Recipe
- 1 (8 oz) package bacon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, cut each bacon strip to three pieces. Arrange the pieces in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until very crispy, 15-20 minutes.
- Place on paper towels and allow to cool and firm up, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a dip such as guacamole, salsa or sour cream dip.