Crispy and wonderfully flavorful, these baked parmesan crisps are the ultimate keto and low-carb snack. And they are VERY easy to make!
These AMAZING keto crisps are way better than any commercial cheese cracker that I have ever tried. I just love them. They are so very flavorful!
The thing is, when cheese crackers are made with flour, the flour dilutes the cheese flavor. But when your crisps contain just ONE ingredient, which is (you guessed it!) parmesan, the flavor is simply incredible.
Even non-keto eaters like them!
Since they are so good, you don’t even need to be on the keto diet to enjoy them! Yes, they are the perfect keto snack – but I happen to think they are the perfect snack, period.
What can be better than a one-ingredient homemade food that tastes better than many processed snacks?
In fact, when I host friends and serve several types of snacks and appetizers with our pre-dinner cocktails, these tasty parmesan crisps are usually the first to disappear.
The ingredients you’ll need
That’s the beauty of this tasty keto snack: you only need one ingredient to make it – shredded parmesan. Please make sure you use coarsely shredded parmesan and not finely grated parmesan. There’s a difference.
As you can see in the photos and in the video, I sometimes add a single pepperoni slice to each of these crisps. This is completely optional.
And although the pepperoni adds great flavor, I think I like the plain crisps better, because they are crispier. The pepperoni seems to somewhat interfere with the crisping up of the center of the cracker.
How to make parmesan crisps
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
1. You start by lining a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 350°F. The parchment paper is non-negotiable. It’s necessary to prevent sticking.
2. Now grab a measuring tablespoon and scoop out small mounds of shredded parmesan onto the baking sheet. Make sure to keep them about an inch apart, and try to keep them about the same size.
3. Gently flatten the mounds with your fingers. At this point, I sometimes top half of them with pepperoni. As mentioned above, this is purely optional.
4. Bake them until they are browned and crisp, 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for a minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool for five more minutes before enjoying them.
5. You should cool them completely before storing them.
How to serve parmesan crisps
They are perfect on their own, and that’s how I typically enjoy them. But if you’d like to dip them into something, here are a few tasty options:
- A low-sugar pizza sauce such as Rao’s.
- Greek yogurt dip which you can also make with sour cream.
- A spicy chipotle dip like the one I use with these avocado fries.
- Ranch dressing – this homemade dressing is really good!
- Pesto sauce, whether homemade or store-bought.
How to store them
Once completely cooled, you can store the plain parmesan crisps in a storage bag or in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. They will, unfortunately, lose some of their crunch, but they will still be very good.
The ones with the pepperoni are best kept in a storage bag or in an airtight container in the fridge. I reheat them very briefly in the microwave, 5 seconds per crisp on 50% power.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
- 12 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces uncured turkey pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop out small mounds of the cheese onto the baking sheet. Keep them about an inch apart.
- Gently flatten the mounds with your fingers.
- If you’d like, top half of the mounds with pepperoni.
- Bake until browned and crisp, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for five more minutes before enjoying.
- Cool completely before storing.