Crispy and wonderfully flavorful, these baked parmesan crisps are the ultimate keto and low-carb snack. And they are VERY easy to make!
These AMAZING keto crisps are way better than any high-carb, refined-flour cheese cracker that I have ever tried. I just love them. They are super flavorful!
The thing is, when cheese crackers are made with flour, the flour dilutes the cheese flavor. But when your crisps contain just ONE ingredient, which is (you guessed it!) parmesan, the flavor is simply incredible.
Even non-keto eaters like them!
Since they are so good, you don’t even need to be on the keto diet to enjoy them! Yes, they are the perfect keto snack – but I happen to think they are the perfect snack, period.
What can be better than a one-ingredient food that contains no starches, refined carbs, flavors or preservatives, yes tastes better than many junky snacks?
The ingredients you’ll need
That’s the beauty of this keto snack: you only need one ingredient to make it – shredded parmesan. Make sure you use shredded parmesan and not finely grated parmesan.
As you can see in the photos and in the video, I sometimes add a single pepperoni slice to each of these crisps. This is completely optional.
And although the pepperoni adds great flavor, I think I like the plain crisps better, because they are crispier. The pepperoni seems to somewhat interfere with the crisping up of the center of the cracker.
How to make parmesan crisps
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
Start by lining a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and preheating your oven to 350°F.
Grab a measuring tablespoon and scoop out small mounds of shredded parmesan onto the baking sheet. Keep them about an inch apart.
Gently flatten the mounds with your fingers. At this point, I sometimes top half of them with pepperoni. This is purely optional.
Bake them until browned and crisp, 10-12 minutes. Let them cool for a minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool five more minutes before enjoying.
Cool completely before storing them.
How to serve parmesan crisps
They are perfect on their own! But if you’d like to dip them into something, here are a few tasty options:
- A low-sugar pizza sauce such as Rao’s
- Greek yogurt dip
- A chipotle dip like the one I use with these avocado fries
- Ranch dressing
- Pesto sauce, homemade or store-bought
How to store them
Once completely cooled, you can store the plain parmesan crisps in a storage bag or an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. They will, unfortunately, lose some of their crunch, but they will still be very good.
The ones with the pepperoni are best kept in a storage bag or an airtight container in the fridge. I reheat them very briefly in the microwave, 5 seconds per crisp on 50% power.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
- 12 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 pieces uncured turkey pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop out small mounds of the cheese onto the baking sheet. Keep them about an inch apart.
- Gently flatten the mounds with your fingers.
- If you’d like, top half of the mounds with pepperoni.
- Bake until browned and crisp, 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for five more minutes before enjoying.
- Cool completely before storing.