These low carb keto cheese crisps are made with mozzarella and flavored with garlic and oregano. They are super delicious, on their own or dipped in marinara sauce.
Sure you can make your own homemade keto cheese crisps! Craving something tasty and crunchy but not starchy? These oven baked low carb and keto cheese crisps are just the thing! This particular version is made with mozzarella and oregano. It tastes like pizza!
Missing crunchy snacks on the keto diet?
Low carb cheese crisps are a godsend when you’re low carbing and sorely missing some crunch.
It’s not that you can’t eat crunchy stuff on a low carb diet.There are actually quite a few options! You can eat these keto cheese crisps. You can eat store bought or homemade pork rinds, and use the pork rinds for low carb nachos. Or you can use crunchy cheddar shells to make delicious, low carb tacos.
Still, sometimes you want to snack on something flavorful and crunchy. And your options on a keto diet ARE somewhat limited.
I’ve been making keto cheese crackers for a long time now, with a very nice variation that includes bacon. They are wonderful, but today I felt like changing it up some more. So when making these keto cheese crisps, I used mozzarella instead of cheddar. And I seasoned the mozzarella with garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
Are these low carb cheese crisps healthy?
If you’re on a low carb or keto diet, I know you don’t have any issues with this recipe. For others who might find this recipe, the most common objection is “cheese is unhealthy,” and especially full fat cheese. Luckily for cheese lovers, recent research tells us that full fat dairy is actually harmless, and might even be beneficial.
How to enjoy these keto cheese crisps
These baked mozzarella low carb and keto cheese crisps turned out superb! They are super crispy. And they have this amazing pizza-like flavor that we all loved. These keto, low carb cheese crisps are wonderful on their own. They are also good when dipped in marinara sauce, and we also tried them dipped in sour cream – yum!
How to store keto cheese crisps
Once completely cooled, store them in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days. They do tend to lose some of their crunch when stored.
Keto Cheese Crisps
- 8 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop a tablespoon of shredded cheese into eight mounds on the cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Gently flatten the cheese mounds.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese mounds with the garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Bake until edges are browned, around 15 minutes. I like to bake them very crisp, until edges are deep brown. How dark you want these low carb cheese crisps is up to you, but start checking after 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let the cheese crackers cool and crisp up, still on the cookie sheet, for about 10 minutes before serving.