Low-carb and keto cheese chips are made with mozzarella and flavored with garlic and oregano. They are so delicious, on their own or dipped in marinara sauce.
No more excuses! You CAN enjoy delicious crunchy snacks on the keto diet. So instead of reaching out for some ultra-processed starchy snack, let’s devote just 20 minutes to making these delicious chips.
When you’re craving something tasty and crunchy but not starchy, these oven-baked keto cheese chips (a.k.a crisps) are the perfect solution. This particular version is made with mozzarella and oregano. It tastes like pizza! 🍕
Missing crunchy snacks on the keto diet?
These crisps are a godsend when you’re on a low-carb diet and sorely missing some delicious crunch.
It’s not that you can’t eat crunchy stuff on a low carb diet. There are actually quite a few options!
Still, sometimes you want to snack on something flavorful and crunchy. And your options on a keto diet ARE somewhat limited.
So when making these keto cheese chips, I used mozzarella instead of cheddar. And I seasoned the mozzarella with garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
They turned out superb! They are super crispy. And they have this amazing pizza-like flavor that we all loved.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty snack (this is just an overview – the exact measurements are included in the recipe card below):
Shredded mozzarella: I use part-skim shredded mozzarella. I don’t recommend using low-fat cheese in this recipe (or in any recipe!).
Spices: Garlic powder, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes. Make sure they are fresh! A stale spice can easily ruin a dish.
How to make keto cheese chips
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
Drop a tablespoon of shredded cheese into eight mounds on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Gently flatten them with your hands.
Sprinkle them with the spices.
Bake the cheesy mounds until crisp and browned, about 15 minutes at 375F.
Cool them briefly before enjoying them.
How to enjoy them
They are absolutely wonderful on their own. They are also good when dipped in sugar-free marinara sauce (Rao’s is a good brand), and we also tried them dipped in sour cream, which was also very tasty.
How to store keto cheese chips
Once completely cooled, you can store them in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days. They do tend to lose some of their crispiness when stored, so it’s best to eat them freshly baked.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Cheese Chips
- 8 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop a tablespoon of shredded cheese into eight mounds on the cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Gently flatten the cheese mounds.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese mounds with the garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Bake until edges are browned, around 15 minutes. I like to bake them very crisp, until edges are deep brown. How dark you want these low carb cheese crisps is up to you, but start checking after 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let the cheese crackers cool and crisp up, still on the cookie sheet, for about 10 minutes before serving.