Low-carb and keto cheese crisps are made with mozzarella and flavored with garlic and oregano. They are so delicious, on their own or dipped in marinara sauce.
Craving something tasty and crunchy but not starchy? These oven-baked crisps are the perfect solution. This particular version is made with mozzarella and oregano. It tastes like pizza!
Missing crunchy snacks on the keto diet?
These crisps are a godsend when you’re low-carbing and sorely missing some crunch.
It’s not that you can’t eat crunchy stuff on a low carb diet. There are actually quite a few options!
Still, sometimes you want to snack on something flavorful and crunchy. And your options on a keto diet ARE somewhat limited.
So when making these keto cheese crisps, I used mozzarella instead of cheddar. And I seasoned the mozzarella with garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
They turned out superb! They are super crispy. And they have this amazing pizza-like flavor that we all loved.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need four ingredients to make this tasty snack (exact measurements are included in the recipe card below):
- Shredded mozzarella
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
How to make keto cheese crisps
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Drop a tablespoon of shredded cheese into eight mounds on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Gently flatten.
- Sprinkle with the spices.
- Bake until crisp and browned, about 15 minutes at 375F.
Are they healthy?
If you’re on a low carb or keto diet, you probably don’t have any issues with this recipe. For others who might find this recipe, the most common objection is “cheese is unhealthy,” and especially full-fat cheese.
Luckily for cheese lovers, recent research tells us that for most healthy people, full-fat dairy is actually harmless, and might even be beneficial.
How to enjoy these keto cheese crisps
They are absolutely wonderful on their own. They are also good when dipped in marinara sauce, and we also tried them dipped in sour cream, which was also very good.
How to store them
Once completely cooled, store them in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to 3 days. They do tend to lose some of their crispiness when stored, so it’s best to eat them freshly baked.
Keto Cheese Crisps
- 8 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop a tablespoon of shredded cheese into eight mounds on the cookie sheet, spaced 2 inches apart. Gently flatten the cheese mounds.
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese mounds with the garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Bake until edges are browned, around 15 minutes. I like to bake them very crisp, until edges are deep brown. How dark you want these low carb cheese crisps is up to you, but start checking after 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Let the cheese crackers cool and crisp up, still on the cookie sheet, for about 10 minutes before serving.