Bacon deviled eggs are such an amazing appetizer. Made with avocado oil mayonnaise, they are keto, paleo, and so deliciously decadent!
These bacon deviled eggs are pure decadence. They are also keto and paleo, so go ahead and indulge! They truly are one of my favorite appetizers. And the best part (well, except for their amazing flavor)? They are very easy to make!
In this recipe, the addition of bacon bits and smoked paprika adds extra flavor and warmth, making this classic appetizer even more irresistible than it already is.
Deviled eggs are a delicacy
I remember the first time I had them, as a child. Hard-boiled eggs are lovely, sure. But when I bit into the creamy, seasoned deliciousness, I was immediately hooked.
To this day, they are one of my favorite appetizers. And whenever I see them in a restaurant menu, I just have to order them.
In fact, I sometimes pick a restaurant based on whether it offers this appetizer or not! But it’s actually very easy to simply make them at home.
The ingredients you’ll need
You will need just a few simple ingredients to make this delicious keto appetizer (exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
Hardboiled eggs: For this recipe, you want to cook them so that they are truly hardboiled, not medium-boiled. The yolks need to be firm.
Mayonnaise: I prefer mayonnaise made with healthy avocado oil.
Dijon mustard: I like it because it’s creamier and less vinegary than yellow mustard.
Black pepper: Note that I don’t use salt in this recipe, as the bacon adds plenty of saltiness.
Smoked paprika: Really enhances the flavor of this dish. Way more than regular paprikas. And it’s readily available in the spice area of most supermarkets. Just make sure it’s fresh – spices are delicious and healthy, but a stale spice can easily ruin a dish (speaking from experience!)
Crumbled cooked bacon: This is a delicious ingredient and obviously an integral part of this recipe. So if you’re trying to avoid processed meats, then this recipe is possibly not the best fit for you.
How to make bacon deviled eggs
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the full details. Here are the basic steps:
- Prepare the eggs. Your first step is to Halve the eggs and remove the yolks to a bowl.
- Prepare the filling. Mash the yolks with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, black pepper, smoked paprika, and crumbled bacon.
- Fill the egg whites. The last step is to spoon the tasty yolk mixture back into the empty egg whites.
How to serve them?
You can serve them as a tasty appetizer or party snack. You can also have them for breakfast.
And this may be a bit unusual, but sometimes I have a couple of them (four halves) for lunch, with a simple salad such as this tomato salad.
How long can you keep bacon deviled eggs?
You can keep them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. I do like them best when freshly made, though.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus a little more for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish*
- Using a sharp knife, cut each egg in half, lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks and place in a medium bowl. Arrange the egg white halves on a serving plate.
- Mash the yolks well with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Stir until the yolk mixture is as creamy and smooth as you can get it, then stir in the bacon bits, reserving one tablespoon.
- Spoon the mixture onto the egg white halves, or use a spatula to transfer the mixture to a Ziploc bag, snip off the corner and pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the bacon deviled eggs with the remaining bacon bits and smoked paprika and serve.