Bacon deviled eggs are such an amazing appetizer. Made with avocado oil mayonnaise, they are keto, paleo, and so deliciously decadent!
These bacon deviled eggs are pure decadence. They are also keto and paleo, so go ahead and indulge!
Deviled eggs are a delicacy
I love deviled eggs. I remember the first time I had them, as a child. Hard-boiled eggs are lovely, sure. But when I bit into that creamy, seasoned deliciousness, I was immediately hooked.
To this day, deviled eggs are one of my favorite appetizers. And whenever I see them in a restaurant menu, I just have to order them. In fact, I sometimes pick a restaurant based on whether it has deviled eggs for an appetizer! Yes, I’m addicted to deviled eggs. 😳
How to make bacon deviled eggs
Like all deviled eggs recipes, it’s very easy to make bacon deviled eggs. Scroll down to the recipe card for the details. But the basics are simple. Remove the yolks, mash with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, black pepper, smoked paprika and crumbled bacon. Then spoon the mixture back into the egg whites.
In this recipe for bacon deviled eggs, the addition of bacon bits and smoked paprika adds extra flavor and warmth to deviled eggs, making this classic appetizer even more irresistible than it already is.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it is. Eggs are very nutritious. Avocado oil mayonnaise is probably a better choice than mayo made with inflammatory vegetable oils. As for the bacon, while not exactly health food, personally I think it’s fine in moderation and as long as it’s not a diet staple (here’s why).
I usually make Greek yogurt deviled eggs for my family, but once in a while, when I feel like indulging, I make these wonderfully flavorful bacon deviled eggs.
How long can you keep bacon deviled eggs?
Keep them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. I do like them best when freshly made, though.
Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus a little more for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon, plus 1 tablespoon for garnish*
- Using a sharp knife, cut each egg in half, lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks and place in a medium bowl. Arrange the egg white halves on a serving plate.
- Mash the yolks well with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Stir until the yolk mixture is as creamy and smooth as you can get it, then stir in the bacon bits, reserving one tablespoon.
- Spoon the mixture onto the egg white halves, or use a spatula to transfer the mixture to a Ziploc bag, snip off the corner and pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle the bacon deviled eggs with the remaining bacon bits and smoked paprika and serve.