A super easy recipe for baked Parmesan shrimp. Shrimp are coated in Parmesan and garlic, then briefly baked in a hot oven into succulent perfection.
These baked Parmesan shrimp are amazing. The combination of garlic and Parmesan is delicious, and – just as important – this is such an easy recipe.
I often make these baked Parmesan shrimp on weeknights, because they are so easy to make. I always have frozen shrimp in the freezer, and they’re easy to thaw (10 minutes in a bowl filled with lukewarm water, replacing the water once or twice), that this is something I can decide to make at the very last minute.
It’s no wonder I have so many shrimp recipes on this blog – I love shrimp and consider them an easy, healthy homemade fast food.
Some baked Parmesan shrimp recipes call for the addition of flour, but I find that it’s completely unnecessary. The Parmesan coating adheres to the shrimp just fine, and comes out crispy and delicious. No need for starch!
Baked Parmesan Shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 oz jumbo shrimp, 21-25 per lb., peeled and deveined, patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butter in a shallow microwave safe bowl. Melt in in the microwave, in 30-second increments.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the Parmesan, black pepper and garlic powder. Divide the mixture into two separate shallow bowls – this will ensure the Parmesan stays as dry as possible, making it easier to coat the shrimp.
- Dip each shrimp in the melted butter to coat, then roll in the Parmesan mixture.
- Arrange the coated shrimp in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle them with paprika and spray with avocado oil.
- Bake the Parmesan shrimp until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.