I love the sharp, peppery taste of fresh radishes, but I also love them roasted. Roasting downplays their sharpness and brings out a pleasant creaminess.
When roasted, radishes taste mild, so if you prefer bolder flavors, play with adding seasonings (garlic powder, dried herbs) or sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese prior to roasting.
- 2 bunches medium radishes, tops trimmed (1 lb. trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the radishes in half lengthwise and place in one layer in a baking dish.
- Add the butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss to coat.
- Roast until the radishes are fork -tender, about 20 minutes.