Tasty, healthy and easy – this simple crab salad is one of my favorite lunches. I like to stuff it into a tomato, but obviously it can be stuffed into peppers, or you can have it on warm toast if you’re so inclined.
As per usual, I prefer to make this crab salad with sour cream rather than use mayonnaise, since commercial mayo tends to be incredibly junky. Sour cream, especially organic, is much cleaner. However, if you strongly prefer mayonnaise, there are now excellent avocado-oil-based mayonnaise brands on the market.
- 1 (6 oz) can crab lump crab meat, well drained (4 oz crab meat)
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (1/2 oz)
- ¼ cup (2 oz) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Directions? What directions? :) Just mix everything together and enjoy!
- Oh! If you'd like to fill a tomato with this crab salad, use a big, firm tomato. Using a small serrated knife, cut off a ½-inch slice from the stem end, then remove the core by carefully cutting all around it and on the bottom. Now, with a spoon, scoop out as much of the remaining pulp and seeds as you can, fill, and enjoy.