Got some leftover spaghetti squash and don’t feel like making spaghetti squash fritters? Try this cheesy, tasty spaghetti squash casserole.
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Vegetarian, Low Carb, Gluten Free
Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2½ cups (1 lb., 450 grams) cooked spaghetti squash
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 1.5-quart baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- If you need to cook the spaghetti squash, follow instructions 1-5 here: spaghetti squash recipe.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake until browned, 40-45 minutes (it will smell wonderful!).
- Allow to cool 10 minutes, then carefully cut into squares.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ¼ casserole; Calories: 226.6; Fat: 16.9g; Saturated fat: 10.2g; Carbohydrates: 9.7g; Sugar: 3.1g; Sodium: 509mg; Fiber: 1.6g; Protein: 10.4g