I wanted to make pretty, flower-like eggs in a basket, but I wanted to keep it low-carb. So instead of using bread slices as my cup, or basket, I used salami slices. Festive, pretty and delicious, these salami breakfast cups are perfect for brunch!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray four 8-ounce ramekins with olive oil spray and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place one salami slice on the bottom of each ramekin, then arrange four more slices around the sides, overlapping.
- Break an egg into the resulting "basket." Season the egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until set.
- Gently run a knife around edges, then release the eggs from the ramekins and serve.