An easy recipe for a very flavorful and filling turkey curry. It’s one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey after Thanksgiving!
Still looking for non-boring ways to use up leftover turkey? Try this delicious, very flavorful leftover turkey curry!
One of the best things about Thanksgiving is the leftover turkey. It actually used to stress me out – how do I use up all that meat! But over the years, I’ve developed a great collection of leftover turkey recipes, and this leftover turkey curry is one of the best.
Needless to say, this recipe works beautifully with leftover chicken too.
How to make leftover turkey curry
It’s a super easy recipe! Saute the veggies, add the leftover turkey, spices and broth, cook for a short while to allow the flavors to meld, and voila – you’ve got yourself a hot, filling, and very flavorful turkey curry. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions.
How to serve leftover turkey curry
You can serve this saucy dish in bowls with a spoon, over cauliflower rice, or over a bed of fresh spinach leaves. The hot curry will wilt the spinach just enough to gently cook it.
Is this a healthy recipe?
Admittedly, this leftover turkey curry is not a low carb dish. But you can significantly lower the carb count by omitting the carrots and peas, and using a low carb honey alternative, or simply omitting the honey.
More tasty curry recipes
I have two more curry recipes on this blog that I just love. They’re Thai-style curries, and they are so flavorful. Coconut shrimp curry is ready in just 30 minutes. And this Thai chicken curry is one of my favorite ways to cook chicken breast.
Leftover Turkey Curry
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, skinless, cut into chunks (10 oz)
- 2 cups chicken broth (I used Pacific Natural)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and the carrots. Cook, stirring often, 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and the peas. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute. Add the curry powder, coriander, turmeric and cinnamon, and cook, stirring, 30 seconds. Add the turkey and stir well to coat.
- In a 1-quart measuring cup, whisk together the chicken broth, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and honey. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes, until carrots are just tender.
Calories 214; fat 8g; saturated fat 6g; carbs 12g; sugars 4g; sodium 655mg; fiber 3g; protein 24g.