Tender and flavorful almond flour keto cheese biscuits are great for breakfast (with or without eggs) or for dinner. Perfect with chili!
The first time I made these tasty biscuits, I made them to accompany my famous (if I do have to say so myself) no-bean chili. At some point, I learned to make a keto cornbread. But these biscuits are so good, I still make them often.
Yes, they are low in carbs, but they are not low on flavor! They have an amazingly tender and fluffy crumb and a crispy exterior. They are tender and cheesy, with a pleasant subtle kick from the cayenne.
The ingredients you'll need
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make these keto cheese biscuits. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
Egg: I use large eggs in almost all of my recipes, this one included.
Sour cream: I tried replacing the sour cream with whole-milk Greek yogurt. In my opinion, sour cream is better, both in terms of texture and in terms of flavor.
Spices: Garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Sometimes I also add ½ teaspoon dried oregano. Do make sure the spices you use are fresh. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish, and I'm speaking from experience!
Almond flour: I love baking with this wonderful flour substitute! I use blanched finely ground flour. I don't recommend using a coarse almond meal in this recipe.
Grated Parmesan: For the best texture, make sure you use finely grated parmesan and not coarsely shredded cheese.
Baking powder: Gluten-free if needed. Make sure it's fresh.
How to make keto cheese biscuits
It's so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
1. Your first step is to simply mix together an egg, sour cream, spices, almond flour, cheese, and baking powder. I do it in one bowl using a hand whisk. No need for any special equipment!
2. The next step is to drop mounds of the batter on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I use a cookie scoop to measure out the portions.
3. The final step is baking the biscuits for 15 minutes in a 350°F oven. Easy and delicious!
What to serve with them?
They are also excellent for breakfast, with or without eggs. And I often grab one for a quick, filling snack.
What to do with leftovers?
It's best to enjoy them freshly baked - they're best when they are still warm and very fresh.
If you have any leftovers, it's best to freeze them (once completely cooled) in Ziploc bags. To defrost, simply microwave for 10 seconds per side. When warmed up this way, they are very good.
I actually like to double the recipe and make 12 at a time. I freeze the leftovers and enjoy a couple of them for breakfast each morning until they're all gone.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Cheese Biscuits
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup blanched finely ground almond flour (not almond meal) (4 oz)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the almond flour, then the Parmesan, and finally the baking powder.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, place 6 mounds of the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Do not flatten the mounds.
- Bake until golden, 15-18 minutes. Serve warm.