Tasty, fragrant almond flour cheese biscuits are perfect for dinner (great with chili!), or for breakfast – with or without eggs.
These almond flour cheese biscuits are low in carbs, but they are not low in flavor!
Tender and cheesy, with a pleasant subtle kick from the cayenne, I love serving these almond flour cheese biscuits for dinner with chili, or with my easy tomato soup. They are also great for breakfast, with or without eggs.
Enjoy these almond flour cheese biscuits freshly baked – they’re best when they are still warm and very fresh.
If you have any leftovers, it’s best to freeze them (once completely cooled) in ziploc bags. To defrost, simply microwave for 10 seconds per side. When warmed up this way, they are very good.
I like to double the recipe and make 12 biscuits at a time. I freeze the leftovers, and enjoy a couple of biscuits for breakfast every morning until they’re all gone.
They are also great for a quick, filling snack!
Almond Flour Cheese Biscuits
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup almond flour (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the almond flour, then the Parmesan, and finally the baking powder.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, place 6 mounds of the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Do not flatten the mounds.
- Bake until golden, 15-18 minutes. Serve warm.