Tender and flavorful almond flour keto cheese biscuits are great for breakfast (with or without eggs) or for dinner. Perfect with chili!
These almond flour keto cheese biscuits are low in carbs, but they are not low on flavor! They have an amazingly tender and fluffy crumb and a crispy exterior. They are tender and cheesy, with a pleasant subtle kick from the cayenne.
How to make keto cheese biscuits
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. You simply mix together an egg, sour cream, spices, almond flour, cheese, and baking powder. Drop mounds of the batter on a baking sheet. Then bake for 15 minutes. Easy and delicious!
What to serve with keto cheese biscuits?
I love serving these almond flour keto cheese biscuits for dinner. They can easily replace dinner rolls. I like to serve them with chili, or with my easy tomato soup. They are also excellent for breakfast, with or without eggs. And I often grab one for a quick, filling snack.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is. It’s a vast improvement over refined flour biscuits, for sure. In addition, the main ingredients in these keto cheese biscuits are very good for you. Almond flour is very healthy, eggs are nutritious, and full-fat dairy products – who would have thought – are actually beneficial.
What about leftovers?
It’s best to enjoy these almond flour keto cheese biscuits freshly baked – they’re best when they are still warm and very fresh.
If you have any leftovers, it’s best to freeze them (once completely cooled) in Ziploc bags. To defrost, simply microwave for 10 seconds per side. When warmed up this way, they are very good.
I actually like to double the recipe and make 12 biscuits at a time. I freeze the leftovers and enjoy a couple of biscuits for breakfast each morning until they’re all gone.
Almond Flour Cheese Biscuits
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup blanched finely ground almond flour (not almond meal) (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the almond flour, then the Parmesan, and finally the baking powder.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, place 6 mounds of the dough on the prepared baking sheet. Do not flatten the mounds.
- Bake until golden, 15-18 minutes. Serve warm.