Tasty chicken patties are a great way to use up leftover chicken (or turkey). They are wonderfully crispy and very healthy – keto, gluten-free, and paleo.
Crispy and golden, these delicious chicken patties are a huge hit with kids. And I have yet to meet a grownup who doesn’t like them!
They are perfect for using up leftover chicken breast, and you can also make them after Thanksgiving to use up leftover turkey breast.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these tasty patties. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Cooked chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Spices: garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- Olive oil for frying
How to make chicken patties
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Mix cooked chicken breast with eggs and spices in your food processor.
- Then drop spoonfuls of the mixture into hot olive oil, and fry until golden and crispy.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it’s very healthy! It’s a simple homemade recipe with a short list of real-food ingredients. And these are all healthy ingredients:
- Chicken is a healthy protein source
- Eggs are nutritious
- Spices have several health benefits
- Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils you can cook with
How to serve chicken patties
You can serve them as an entree with any side dish you like. They are very versatile. Or you could serve them in a sandwich (keep it gluten-free and keto by using 90-second bread).
My teenage kids love dipping them in spicy mayonnaise, made with avocado oil mayonnaise and a few drops of chipotle hot pepper sauce. And when they were younger, they liked to dip them in ketchup.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep well for 3-4 days in the fridge, in an airtight container. I like to eat them cold, with Dijon mustard, fresh-cut veggies, and quick pickles.
If you’d rather reheat them, I suggest you do so gently, covered, in the microwave on 50% power.
More things to do with cooked chicken breast
I make baked chicken breast at least once a week. In fact, I like to make several at a time because they are so versatile.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
- 2 (8oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the cooked chicken cubes, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne in your food processor’s bowl. Process into a uniform mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop the mixture into the hot oil, measuring 1/4 cup per patty and fitting 4 patties into the skillet. Gently flatten them to 1/2-inch thick with the back of a spoon.
- Cook the chicken patties until crispy and golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and cook the remaining patties. Serve immediately.