Tasty chicken patties are a great way to use up leftover chicken (or turkey). They are wonderfully crispy and very healthy – low carb, gluten free and paleo.
Crispy and golden, these delicious chicken patties are a huge hit with kids. And I have yet to meet a grownup who doesn’t like them! These chicken patties are perfect for using up leftover chicken breast, and you can also make them after Thanksgiving to use up leftover turkey breast.
How do you make chicken patties?
It’s such an easy recipe! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. But the basics are simple. Mix cooked chicken breast with eggs and spices in your food processor. Then drop spoonfuls of the mixture into hot olive oil, and fry until golden and crispy.
Is this a healthy recipe?
How to serve chicken patties
Serve them as an entree with any side dish you like. Or serve them in a sandwich on 90 second bread.
My teenage kids love dipping them in spicy mayonnaise, made with avocado oil mayonnaise and a few drops of chipotle hot pepper sauce. When they were younger, they liked to dip the chicken patties in ketchup.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep well for 3-4 days in the fridge, in an airtight container. I like to eat them cold, with Dijon mustard, fresh cut veggies and quick pickles.
More things to do with cooked chicken breast
I make baked chicken breast at least once a week. In fact, I like to make several at a time because they are so versatile. I use them in these chicken patties, and I also use them to make stuffed poblano peppers, enchilada casserole, and lettuce wrap sandwich.
- 2 (8oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the cooked chicken cubes, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne in your food processor’s bowl. Process into a uniform mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop the mixture into the hot oil, measuring 1/4 cup per patty and fitting 4 patties into the skillet. Gently flatten them to 1/2-inch thick with the back of a spoon.
- Cook the chicken patties until crispy and golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and cook the remaining patties. Serve immediately.