Meatballs are always fun, but these baked keto cheese stuffed meatballs are extra delicious and very easy to make!
Surprise! At the center of each of these tasty cheese stuffed meatballs hides a cheesy, gooey center.
I love making meatballs for dinner. I have quite a few meatball recipes on this blog, as a matter of fact (these pork meatballs are amazing). Meatballs are easy, versatile (you can use different kinds of meats and seasonings), and everyone loves them – kids and adults.
But these cheese stuffed meatballs are extra delicious. There’s something about biting into a hot, well-seasoned meatball and finding the melty, cheesy center… it’s really, really good.
How do you make cheese stuffed meatballs?
Scroll down to the recipe card for details. The main challenge when making cheese stuffed meatballs is that sometimes the cheese oozes out of a meatball (or two) into the pan.
If you seal the meatballs well, as shown in the video, this usually doesn’t happen. And if it happens, it’s only with one or two meatballs. But please know that it can happen, and then you’re left with delicious baked meatballs, but they are not filled with cheese.
I like to divide the meat, stuff it with cheese, then roll in spices, because it’s easier. But if you prefer, you can mix the spices into the ground beef, and then divide it into 8 portions.
I usually use block cheddar, cut off 2 ounces and then cube them. But if you only have sliced cheddar, that works too – as shown in the video.
But these can’t be healthy with all that meat and cheese, right?
How to serve cheese stuffed meatballs?
Can you freeze cheese stuffed meatballs?
Yes. You can keep them in the fridge for 3-4 days, or freeze them for up to 3 months. Reheat them gently, in the microwave on 50% power.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 2 oz sharp cheddar, cubed into 8 cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the ground beef into eight equal portions. Flatten each portion into a circle. Place a cheese cube in the middle of each circle. Shape each circle into a meatball, sealing well.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Roll the meatballs in the mixture.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray them with olive oil. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.