Meatballs are always fun, but these low carb, cheese stuffed meatballs are extra delicious, and loved by kids and by grownups!
Surprise! At the center of each of these flavorful meatballs hides a cheesy, gooey center.
I love making meatballs for dinner. I have quite a few meatball recipes on this blog, as a matter of fact. Meatballs are easy, versatile (you can use different kinds of meats and seasonings), and everyone loves them – kids and adults.
But these cheese stuffed meatballs are extra delicious. There’s something about biting into a hot, well-seasoned meatball and finding the melty, cheesy center… it’s really, really good.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 2 oz sharp cheddar, cubed into 8 cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the ground beef into eight equal portions. Flatten each portion into a circle. Place a cheese cube in the middle of each circle. Shape each circle into a meatball, sealing well.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Roll the meatballs in the mixture.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray them with olive oil. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.