An easy food processor recipe for chocolate whipped cream, made with cocoa powder and honey. Great with fresh berries or as frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
This chocolate whipped cream is so easy to make, and it’s delicious. It’s made with cocoa powder and sweetened with just a touch of honey, so it’s not overly sweet.
The food processor makes excellent, thick whipped cream – no elbow grease required – but since it’s so efficient, keep an eye on it and try to avoid over-whipping.
It’s best to make this chocolate whipped cream on the day you plan to serve it, and no more than a few hours ahead of time. It does keep okay for a day in the fridge, but it tends to lose its fluffiness.
You can use this chocolate whipped cream as frosting for cakes and cupcakes (I think it would be great with these chocolate cupcakes), or serve it with berries for a tasty, healthy dessert.
You can probably replace the honey with a low carb sweetener if you wish, although I haven’t tried it myself.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey (or a low carb sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place all the ingredients in your food processor bowl.
- Process until it all magically turns into whipped cream, about 1 minute.