Creamy and delicate, these keto mini cheesecakes are crustless and gluten-free. Most importantly, they are delicious!
Creamy and delicate, with a pleasant vanilla flavor, these delightful keto mini cheesecakes are topped with a delicious blueberry compote.
They are perfect for hosting because you need to make them in advance. So there’s no need for last-minute frantic efforts in the kitchen, the enemy of gracious hosting.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty dessert. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Soft cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut flour
- For the blueberry topping: fresh blueberries, sweetener, and vanilla
How to make keto mini cheesecakes
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Beat the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the egg.
- Transfer to greased foil-lined muffin cups and bake until set, about 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate.
- To make the blueberry topping, heat the ingredients over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Refrigerate to thicken.
To ensure a smooth texture and to get maximum volume from the eggs, all ingredients should be at room temperature.
This is the rule for all cheesecakes, as you probably know. I do the same thing when I make this wonderfully creamy keto cheesecake.
So try to remember to take everything out of the fridge at least an hour before you plan to start mixing the ingredients.
If you forget, you can soften the cream cheese in the microwave, in 10-second sessions, and dip the eggs in a bowl of warm (not hot) water for a few minutes.
Use foil liners
These keto mini cheesecakes stick to paper liners (even well-greased) but they don’t stick to greased foil liners.
Other alternatives that might work are buttered 4-oz ceramic ramekins, and possibly greased silicone liners.
Why do my keto mini cheesecakes sink in the middle?
Cheesecakes often sink in the middle or get cracks on top. While unsightly, this does not detract from their amazing flavor.
It’s no coincidence that so many cheesecake recipes call for a topping, such as a baked topping of sour cream or a fruit topping.
These cheesecakes never crack when I make them (as long as the ingredients are at room temperature). But they do sink a little in the middle, which is perfect for the blueberry topping.
Is this a healthy recipe?
How to store keto mini cheesecakes
Store them in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. Remove them from the fridge an hour before serving them. Store the cakes and the blueberry topping separately.
More tasty cheesecake recipes
Another mini cheesecakes recipe that I really like are these yummy mini chocolate cheesecakes. They’re very easy to make, and they are delicious.
Keto Mini Cheesecakes
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter for the muffin cups
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals about 1/4 cup sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 15 drops stevia glycerite (equals 1 tablespoon sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To make the mini cheesecakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 6 muffin cups with foil liners and brush the liners with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla. With a handheld electric mixer set to medium, beat until very smooth, about 1 minute. Add the egg and beat until well-blended and fluffy, 1 more minute.
- Ladle the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them almost full. Bake until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack, then transfer to wire rack to cool 20 more minutes, and finally to the fridge for about an hour.
To make the blueberry topping:
- Place the blueberries, sweetener, and vanilla in a small saucepan and mix gently. Heat over low heat.
- Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, until blueberries are very soft and starting to bleed. Take off heat.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then refrigerate for one hour to set and thicken.
- When ready to serve, stir again and spoon on top of the mini cheesecakes.