Tasty chicken patties are a great way to use up leftover chicken (or turkey). They are wonderfully crispy and very healthy – low carb, gluten free and paleo.
Crispy and golden, these delicious chicken patties are a huge hit with kids – and I have yet to meet a grownup who doesn’t like them!
These chicken patties are perfect for using up leftover chicken breast, and you can also make them after Thanksgiving to use up leftover turkey breast.
Serve these chicken patties as an entree with any side you like, or in a sandwich on 90 second bread. My kids love dipping them in spicy mayonnaise, made with avocado oil mayonnaise and a few drop of hot sauce.
- 2 (8oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Place the cooked chicken cubes, eggs, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder and cayenne in your food processor's bowl. Process into a uniform mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Drop the mixture into the hot oil, measuring 1/4 cup per patty and fitting 4 patties into the skillet. Gently flatten them to 1/2-inch thick with the back of a spoon.
- Cook the chicken patties until crispy and golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and cook the remaining patties. Serve immediately.