Adding bacon to your burger mix makes the burgers incredibly juicy and flavorful. Toppings can include smoked cheddar cheese (my personal favorite), a fried egg, bacon and avocado. Or all of the above!
These delicious burgers make a filling, tasty low carb meal – no bun needed.
- 4 oz (1/2 package) bacon
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (great for high-heat cooking)
- Your choice of toppings
- Cut the bacon into pieces and freeze for 20 minutes to make it easier to process.
- Process the bacon in food processor until finely ground. Mix into the beef with the remaining ingredients, except for the oil.
- Form into four, ¾-inch-thick patties.
- Heat a large, heavy, broiler-safe skillet over medium-high heat, 3-4 minutes. Add the burgers.
- Cook 4 minutes per side.
- If topping with cheese, top each burger with a slice of smoked cheddar and broil just until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.