This well-seasoned, flavorful turkey hash is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ lb. red potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (5 oz) cooked turkey, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, peppers, potatoes and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden-brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika and cumin. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the eggs and fry 3-5 minutes, or until they are as done as you want them.
- Divide the turkey hash and the eggs between plates. Season both with black pepper, and season the eggs with the remaining ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 279; Fat: 15g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 441mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 19g