A tasty and healthy leftover turkey salad is probably the easiest way to use up leftover turkey!
This tasty and healthy turkey salad is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey. My entire family enjoys it, so it’s become one of our week-after-Thanksgiving traditions. And it’s so easy to make!
How to make turkey salad
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s as simple as mixing together a few ingredients in a bowl, adding a simple dressing, then allowing the flavors to meld.
I make this turkey salad with a creamy dressing of avocado oil mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic. The celery adds a wonderful crunch. But if you’re not a fan of celery, you can use cucumber instead.
How to serve turkey salad
In my high carb days, I used this turkey salad in sandwiches and wraps. These days, I love it on a plate – a fork is all I need! But it’s also very good on cloud bread and on a low carb English muffin, serving in this case as a bun of sorts.
Or you could spoon it into lettuce cups or roll it in a lettuce wrap sandwich. But seriously, it’s really good all on its own, without any special vehicles to carry it into your mouth except for a fork!
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it is. Turkey meat is nutritious. And I use avocado oil mayonnaise in this tasty turkey salad because avocado oil is healthier than omega-6 vegetable oils. You can also try using half mayonnaise and half full-fat Greek yogurt. The yogurt adds a nice tang.
How long can I keep turkey salad?
You can keep it in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up 3-4 days. I find that it actually tastes better the next day, after the flavors have had a chance to meld.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, diced (10oz)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, red onion, cilantro and feta.
- Mix in the dressing.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for an hour to allow flavors to meld. Mix again before serving.