A tasty and healthy leftover turkey salad is probably the easiest way to use up leftover turkey!
Such a delicious and easy way to use up leftover turkey! This tasty, healthy turkey salad is made with a creamy dressing of avocado oil mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic. The celery adds wonderful crunch. But if you’re not a fan of celery, you can use cucumber instead.
In my high carb days, I used this turkey salad in sandwiches. These days, I love it on a plate – a fork is all I need!
Or you could spoon this salad into lettuce cups or roll it in a lettuce wrap sandwich. But seriously, it’s really good all on its own, without any special vehicles to carry it into your mouth except for a fork. 🙂
I use avocado oil mayonnaise in this tasty turkey salad because avocado oil is healthier than processed vegetable oils. You can also try using half mayonnaise and half full-fat Greek yogurt. The yogurt adds a nice tang.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, diced (10oz)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, red onion, cilantro and feta.
- Mix in the dressing.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for an hour to allow flavors to meld. Mix again before serving.