A tasty and healthy turkey salad is so easy to make. And it’s probably the easiest way for using up leftover turkey!
This tasty and healthy turkey salad is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey. My entire family enjoys it, so it’s become one of our week-after-Thanksgiving traditions. And it’s so easy to make!
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty salad. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh lemon juice
- Minced garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Cooked turkey meat
- Diced celery
- Chopped red onion
- Chopped cilantro
- Crumbled feta cheese
How to make a turkey salad
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s as simple as mixing together a few ingredients in a bowl, adding a simple dressing, then allowing the flavors to meld. These are the basic steps:
- Start by whisking together the first five ingredients – this will be your dressing.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix in the dressing.
I make this tasty salad with a creamy dressing of avocado oil mayonnaise, lemon juice, and garlic. The celery adds a wonderful crunch. But if you’re not a fan of celery, you can use cucumber instead.
How to serve turkey salad
In my high carb days, I used it in sandwiches and wraps. These days, I love it on a plate – a fork is all I need!
But seriously, it’s really good all on its own, without any special vehicles to carry it into your mouth except for a fork!
Is this a healthy recipe?
I use avocado oil mayonnaise in this tasty turkey salad because avocado oil is thought to be healthier than refined, bleached, and deodorized oils (RBD oils).
You can also try using half mayonnaise and half full-fat Greek yogurt. The yogurt adds a nice tang.
How long can I keep turkey salad?
You can keep it in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. I find that it actually tastes better the next day, after the flavors have had a chance to meld.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
- 2 cups cooked turkey meat, diced (10oz)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, celery, red onion, cilantro and feta.
- Mix in the dressing.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for an hour to allow flavors to meld. Mix again before serving.