Simple and delicious, tuna cakes are a wonderful option for an easy, affordable weeknight dinner.
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Low-Carb
Yield: 8 tuna cakesNew quantity:
- 2 (4 oz) cans tuna in water, well-drained
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to mix together the tuna, oats, eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
- Measuring ¼ cup mixture for each cake, fry the tuna cakes 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 tuna cake; Calories: 111; Total Fat: 5g; Carbohydrates: 4g; Sugars: 0g; Sodium: 265mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 11g