Sautéed curried cauliflower is a nice variation for weeknight dinners. Steamed first, then quickly sautéed in seasoned coconut oil, it’s healthy and delicious.
Sautéed curried cauliflower is delicious. The cauliflower florets are sautéed in fragrant, garlic-and-curry-infused coconut oil. It’s a simple and delicious recipe that I make quite often.
To speed up the sautéing process, I first use the microwave for quickly steaming the cauliflower (microwave cauliflower is awesome, by the way).
After steaming, I quickly sauté the curried cauliflower in seasoned coconut oil. It’s a great weekday side dish, because it’s ready fast. And the Indian style seasonings are a nice variation.
I make cauliflower often. It’s such a versatile vegetable, perfect for a low carb diet. So I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to prepare it.
Sauteed Curried Cauliflower
- 1 small head cauliflower, 1 lb. after trimming
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Trim and wash the cauliflower. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover tightly with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, curry powder and turmeric, then add the cauliflower.
- Cook, stirring, until cauliflower is well-coated and browned, about 5 minutes.