Sautéed curried cauliflower is a nice variation for weeknight dinners. Steamed first, then quickly sautéed in seasoned coconut oil, it’s healthy and delicious.
Sautéed curried cauliflower has become one of my favorite side dishes. It’s a healthy, simple and delicious recipe that I make quite often.
Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable, perfect for a low carb diet. I make it often, so I’m always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to prepare it. This tasty recipe fits the bill!
How to make sauteed curried cauliflower
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s a very easy recipe! The cauliflower florets are sautéed in fragrant, garlic-and-curry-infused coconut oil. To speed up the sautéing process, I first use the microwave for quickly steaming the cauliflower (microwave cauliflower is awesome, by the way).
After steaming, I quickly sauté the curried cauliflower in seasoned coconut oil. It’s a great weekday side dish because it’s ready fast. And the Indian-style seasonings are a nice variation.
What to serve with sauteed curried cauliflower?
Since this is an Indian-inspired dish, it goes especially well with oven-baked tandoori chicken or with butter chicken. But when I feel lazy, I simply serve it alongside some simple baked chicken breasts.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of this sauteed curried cauliflower recipe in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. They actually keep quite well, and the leftovers are just as tasty as the freshly cooked dish. Reheat the leftovers gently, in the microwave on 50% power. I like them cold too! Sometimes I add them cold to a salad, the next day for my lunch.
More tasty cauliflower recipes
Sauteed Curried Cauliflower
- 1 small head cauliflower, 1 lb. after trimming
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Trim and wash the cauliflower. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water. Cover tightly with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, salt, pepper, curry powder and turmeric, then add the cauliflower.
- Cook, stirring, until cauliflower is well-coated and browned, about 5 minutes.