Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella – a delicious low carb snack that’s super easy to make!
Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella is the perfect low-carb snack. It’s delicious, easy to make (the only difficult part is remembering to freeze the cheese the night before), and quite healthy. Especially if you use uncured, additive-free prosciutto.
When making this snack, I like to use pre-sliced Prosciutto di Parma by Citterio. I get this brand at Trader Joe’s and I believe you can also find it at Costco. The only ingredients are pork and salt.
Serve Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella sticks as a tasty appetizer, or as a snack. They are obviously perfect for game day!
If you’re looking for more low carb snack ideas, you should definitely try these tasty baked salami chips. They are easy to make and just wonderful!
- 4 part-skim mozzarella sticks, halved crosswise
- 8 thin slices prosciutto (4 oz total)
- Place the halved mozzarella sticks on a wax-paper-lined platter or tray and freeze, at least four hours and preferably overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wrap each frozen mozzarella stick with a slice of prosciutto, as shown in the image below.
- Place the wrapped mozzarella sticks, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 2 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil, place the baking sheet on the top oven rack, directly under the broiler, and broil until prosciutto is crisp and mozzarella just starts to melt, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.