Bell pepper eggs are healthy, keto, and so easy to make. It’s a lovely way to serve eggs for breakfast or brunch. Kids adore them, and so do the grownups!
Bell pepper eggs are so pretty! I saw the idea on Pinterest (where else?) and just had to try it. I have this list on my computer of food ideas that I’d like to try, and these were on that list for a while now.
Last weekend I finally had a chance to make them, and today I made them again because I like to make recipes more than once before putting them on this blog. They’re great!
How to make bell pepper eggs
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. This is the simplest recipe. Here are the basic steps:
- You fry eggs as usual. But instead of just breaking them into the frying pan, you break them into bell pepper molds!
- Now simply fry until the egg whites are set. That’s it!
This method makes for a pretty presentation. It’s also very tasty since the peppers become soft and slightly caramelized.
Tips for making this recipe a success
This is an easy straightforward recipe, so I only have a couple of tip for you:
1. Resist the temptation to fry the eggs over high heat. Eggs should always be cooked over medium or medium-low heat (soft scrambled eggs are a good example).
2. If your eggs are very large, baking them in the oven rather than frying might prove more efficient in terms of getting the whites to set. Simply brush a baking dish with the olive oil. Next, place the bell pepper rings in the dish. Now crack the eggs into the rings. Bake 10-12 minutes in a 400-degree F oven. Another option is to pour out a little of the egg whites before you add the eggs to the pepper molds.
How to serve bell pepper eggs
While I don’t have time to make them for breakfast on weekdays, I think it’s the perfect dish for a weekend brunch! Sometimes I make them for a light dinner, serving them with almond flour cheese biscuits.
Is this a healthy recipe?
More breakfast egg recipes you might like
Baked avocado eggs are amazing. Baked avocado is so creamy! And for the easiest recipe ever, try microwave scrambled eggs. Paired with microwave bacon and berries, they make a quick, easy, and filling breakfast.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Bell Pepper Eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bell pepper rings, 1/3-inch thick
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, about 4 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper rings. Cook 1 minute on each side.
- Crack an egg into each bell pepper ring. Lower heat to medium-low. Cook until whites are set, 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.