Tasty spinach and eggs scramble makes a wonderful keto breakfast. With lots of fresh spinach, onions, and Parmesan, it’s incredibly flavorful!
Scrambled eggs with spinach may not look like much, but they are delicious. I’ve been making this recipe regularly for over a year now.
But I was reluctant to include it here because while egg scrambles are tasty, they are not very photogenic!
Today I just decided to go ahead and publish it. It’s so good, I don’t want you guys to miss out.
I first tried a veggie scramble at Carla’s Country Kitchen in Morro Bay, California:
I loved the ratio of veggies to eggs. And when I returned home, I decided to use spinach, simply because that’s what I had in the fridge.
This dish is so delicious, I’ve been making it regularly ever since. And just like in the restaurant version, I love the generous ratio of veggies to eggs.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty keto breakfast. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Sliced onion
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Grated Parmesan
- Fresh baby spinach leaves
- Red pepper flakes
How to make spinach and eggs Scramble
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card and video for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, and Parmesan.
- Brown sliced onions in olive oil.
- Add fresh spinach leaves and lightly cook them, just until slightly wilted.
- Add the eggs and scramble until done to your liking.
Should I chop the spinach leaves?
I don’t, as long as I use small baby spinach leaves. If your leaves are very large, it’s a good idea to give them a quick chop.
How to serve spinach and eggs
Is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is. Unless you have a specific condition that requires you to limit saturated fat, eggs are very nutritious, and so is spinach. And I cook the eggs in healthy olive oil. So this filling keto breakfast is a great way to start your day!
More tasty breakfast recipes
Another great breakfast recipe that combines spinach and eggs is this recipe for creamed spinach baked eggs.
And baked avocado egg is a delicacy. Who knew that baked avocado could be so wonderfully creamy?
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Spinach and Eggs Scramble
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt plus a pinch for the onions
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (1 oz)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat a very large (12-14 inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion slices. Sprinkle them with a pinch of Kosher salt and a pinch of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium.
- While the onion is cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, a pinch of black pepper, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Set aside.
- When the onions are golden brown, add the spinach leaves to the skillet. Cook, stirring, just until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook the eggs, pushing them back and forth with a rubber spatula, until set to your liking. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.