Tasty spinach scrambled eggs make a wonderful low carb and keto breakfast. With lots of spinach, onions and Parmesan, they are incredibly flavorful!
Spinach scrambled eggs may not look like much, but they are delicious. I’ve been making this recipe regularly for over a year now. But I was reluctant to include it here because while egg scrambles are tasty, they are not very photogenic!
Today I just decided to go ahead and publish it. It’s so good, I don’t want you guys to miss out.
I first tried a veggie scramble at Carla’s Country Kitchen in Morro Bay, California:
I loved the ratio of veggies to eggs. And when I returned home, I decided to make spinach scrambled eggs, simply because that’s what I had in the fridge.
The eggs were so delicious, I’ve been making them regularly ever since. Just like in the restaurant scramble, I love the generous ratio of veggies to eggs.
How to make spinach scrambled eggs
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card and video for the detailed instructions. But the basics are simple:
- Whisk the eggs with salt, pepper, and Parmesan.
- Brown sliced onions in olive oil.
- Add fresh spinach leaves and lightly cook them, just until slightly wilted.
- Add the eggs and scramble until done to your liking.
Should I chop the spinach leaves?
I don’t, as long as I use small baby spinach leaves. If your spinach leaves are very large, it’s a good idea to give them a quick chop.
How to serve spinach scrambled eggs
As you can see in the photos, the restaurant served it with sausage links. At home, I serve this dish with sliced tomatoes. Sometimes I add oven bacon.
Is this a healthy recipe?
More tasty breakfast recipes
Another great breakfast recipe that combines spinach and eggs is this recipe for creamed spinach baked eggs. And baked avocado egg is a delicacy. Who knew that baked avocado could be so wonderfully creamy?
Spinach Scrambled Eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt plus a pinch for the onions
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (1 oz)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat a very large (12-14 inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the olive oil.
- Add the onion slices. Sprinkle them with a pinch of Kosher salt and a pinch of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Lower heat to medium.
- While the onion is cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt, a pinch of black pepper, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Set aside.
- When the onions are golden brown, add the spinach leaves to the skillet. Cook, stirring, just until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook the eggs, pushing them back and forth with a rubber spatula, until set to your liking. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.