Tasty, portable egg sausage muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go. Low carb and high in protein, they will keep you full for hours!
I love the convenience of these egg sausage muffins! They are easy to make, easy to eat (on the go if you must) and taste great warm or at room temperature.
But these egg sausage muffins are not just a convenient, on-the-go breakfast or snack. They are delicious too.
You can make your own homemade sausage for this recipe, using any ground meat you prefer. Today I used beef, but pork will obviously work as well. And I can imagine that ground chicken, turkey or lamb would also be great in this recipe.
You can absolutely make these egg sausage muffins in advance, and briefly reheat in the microwave, covered, when ready to enjoy.
Egg Sausage Muffins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for the ramekins
- 1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 large eggs
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place eight 7-oz ramekins on a large baking sheet and brush them with the olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to mix together the sausage ingredients: ground meat, salt, thyme, garlic powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. Divide into eight equal portions (I use a kitchen scale) and place each portion in a ramekin. Press on the meat with your hands so that it covers the bottom and the sides of the ramekins and creates a shell.
- Break an egg into each of these sausage shells. Sprinkle the eggs with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Bake until eggs are set, about 30 minutes. Remove from ramekins onto a serving platter and sprinkle with parsley. Allow to cool 5 minutes before enjoying.