An easy and healthy recipe for a creamy keto cauliflower soup, wonderfully flavored with garlic, nutmeg, and Parmesan.
I found another great way to enjoy one of the most versatile keto vegetables, cauliflower! This creamy soup is wonderfully flavorful, easy to make, and you can enjoy it freely on the keto diet.
Soups are awesome!
I was never a big fan of soups until I met my husband. He loves soups, and he’s the one who got me hooked on them.
Now that I’m in charge of cooking, I taught myself to make many of his tasty soup recipes.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need a few wholesome ingredients to make this tasty soup (exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Onion and garlic
- Chicken broth
- Spices: white pepper and ground nutmeg
- Heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan
How to make keto cauliflower soup
Scroll down to the recipe card for the details. It’s a very easy recipe to make! Here are the basic steps:
- Saute onions, garlic, and cauliflower in butter.
- Add chicken broth, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender. This only takes 15 minutes or so.
- Then puree the soup, and add cream, spices, and Parmesan.
How to serve this soup
I often have a bowl of it for my lunch, especially in the winter. I sometimes have it with buttered 90 second bread on the side, and sometimes I enjoy it on its own.
By the way, another soup that I really enjoy for lunch is this healthy and easy butternut squash soup.
You can also serve it as a dinner appetizer. In which case, serve a cup per person instead of a bowl.
Is keto cauliflower soup healthy?
And happily, current research says that for most healthy people, full-fat dairy is harmless and might even be beneficial.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of this keto cauliflower soup in the fridge, in a sealed container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them gently in the microwave, covered, on 50% power.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Creamy Keto Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large head cauliflower (2 lbs. with refuse, 1.5 lbs. without)
- 1 quart chicken broth (I use the Pacific Natural brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, until onions are soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic and the cauliflower. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 15 minutes, until cauliflower is very tender.
- Purée the soup in batches in your food processor until very smooth (I pureed mine in 5 batches). Return to the pot. Stir in the pepper, nutmeg and cream. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Turn the heat off, add the Parmesan and stir until smooth. Serve immediately.