An easy and healthy keto recipe for a creamy, delicate cauliflower soup, wonderfully flavored with garlic, nutmeg and Parmesan.
I found another great way to enjoy one of the most versatile vegetables, cauliflower! A wonderfully creamy cauliflower soup, flavored with garlic, nutmeg and Parmesan.
I was never a big fan of soups, until I met my husband. He loves soups, and he’s the one who got me hooked on them. He used to make this amazing onion soup in the winter that I really loved and was a complete meal. In the summer, he made gazpacho and tzaziki.
So I learned to love soups, and I often have a bowl of soup for my lunch. A bowl of this creamy cauliflower soup makes a great lunch. I sometimes have it with buttered 90 second bread on the side, sometimes on its own. Another soup that I really enjoy for lunch is this healthy and easy butternut squash soup.
People always ask me about leftovers – how well do they keep? I honestly can’t tell you. I never have any leftovers when I make this healthy cauliflower soup. I would however venture a guess, that it will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days. Gently warm it in the microwave, covered, on 50% power.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large head cauliflower (2 lbs. with refuse, 1.5 lbs. without)
- 1 quart chicken broth (I use the Pacific Natural brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, until onions are soft but not browned.
- Add the garlic and the cauliflower. Cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 15 minutes, until cauliflower is very tender.
- Purée the soup in batches in your food processor until very smooth (I pureed mine in 5 batches). Return to the pot. Stir in the pepper, nutmeg and cream. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Turn the heat off, add the Parmesan and stir until smooth. Serve immediately.