An easy and simple recipe for skin-on oven broiled salmon. Brush with olive oil, season, then broil on high for 4 minutes. Easy, healthy and delicious!
Broiled salmon is one of my go-to weeknight dinners, because it’s so easy. I always have frozen salmon fillets on hand. So all I need to do is remember to defrost them the night before.
What ingredients are needed to make broiled salmon?
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe:
- Salmon fillets
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to broil fresh salmon?
To make this super easy broiled salmon, all you need to do is:
- Brush the salmon fillets with olive oil.
- Season them.
- Then broil on high, skin side down, for just 4 minutes.
Broiling is by far the easiest way to prepare salmon. This broiled salmon is tender, delicious, and ready in FIVE MINUTES. Faster than fast food and so much healthier!
The more I cook, the more I like broiling. Broiling is a fast cooking method. It leaves the food juicy, and is far less messy than stove top frying. I have several broiler recipe on this blog. Including broiled scallops, broiled burgers and broiler chicken kabobs.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it’s very healthy. Salmon is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D. Research tells us that salmon is heart healthy. It’s probably best to buy wild caught or responsibly farmed salmon, though, due to concerns about pollutants in farmed salmon.
To maximize its health benefits and minimize risks, it’s also a good idea to make sure you don’t burn the broiled salmon. Experts recommend that we avoid eating burned or charred foods frequently or in large quantities.
How to serve broiled salmon?
I often serve broiled salmon with olive oil broccoli salad. I make the broccoli salad in advance, so all I have to do at dinnertime is make the salmon. It’s truly one of the easiest dinners I make, and one of the healthiest too.
How to keep the leftovers?
You can keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days, in a sealed container. They do tend to dry out when reheated, so I like to flake them cold and mix them into a salad the next day for my lunch.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) wild salmon fillets
- Heat broiler on high and set an oven rack directly below flame (4 inches below flame). Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the olive oil, garlic, kosher salt, dried thyme and black pepper.
- Brush both sides of the salmon fillets with the seasoned olive oil and place them, skin side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil the salmon until opaque and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Serve the broiled salmon immediately.