Delicious skin-on baked chicken breast. Golden brown, buttery goodness. Crispy skin, super juicy meat – this is chicken breast perfection!
I found it! My favorite baked chicken breast recipe!
I’ve been making chicken breast for many years now. I used to hate it with passion, thinking it was dry and bland, until I finally learned how to bake juicy chicken breast.
But this. This golden brown, buttery goodness. The crispy skin, the super juicy meat. This, ladies and gentlemen, is baked chicken breast perfection.
This recipe uses skin on chicken breast. To ensure a crispy skin, I sauté it first, then roast until done. The crispy skin is a delicacy!
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make this delicious skin-on baked chicken breast:
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts, 8 oz each
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and season them on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts in the hot skillet, skin side down. Cook the chicken breasts without moving them, until the skin is crisp and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off but leave the skillet on the hot burner for now. Turn the chicken breasts skin side up.
- Add the butter to the skillet - it will melt immediately. Swirl it into the pan juices, then spoon the pan juices on top of the chicken breasts and sprinkle them with garlic powder, paprika and dried thyme.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake the chicken breasts for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165 degrees F.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Loosely cover with foil. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the baked chicken breasts, arrange on plates, spoon the pan juices on top and serve.