Salmon fillets are delicious when pan fried in butter and sage. Who needs fast food, when this healthy dish is ready in ten minutes?
Pan Fried Salmon Fillets
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 (6 oz) salmon fillets, 1-inch thick, bones removed, skin on
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried sage or rosemary
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Dry the salmon fillets with paper towels. Sprinkle them with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and sage.
- Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the salmon fillets, skin side down. Cook until skin is browned and crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to carefully turn the fillets. Cook until browned on the second side and cooked through, 2-3 more minutes. Transfer the salmon to plates and pour the butter from the skillet on top. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 fillet with pan butter; Calories: 387; Fat: 26g; Saturated fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 361mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 32g