Bacon makes everything better, and meatloaf is no exception.
Wrapping the meatloaf in bacon imparts wonderful flavor, and keeps the meatloaf from drying.
Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- Olive oil spray for pan
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and fit it with a wire rack. Spray the wire rack with olive oil.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, egg yolk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, thyme and Parmesan. Shape into a loaf. Top the meatloaf with the bacon slices and fold their edges under the meatloaf.
- Place the wrapped meatloaf on the prepared rack. Bake until its internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 30 minutes.
- Finish by broiling the meatloaf 1-2 minutes on each side to crisp up the bacon.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ¼ meatloaf; Calories: 320; Fat: 23g; Saturated fat: 9g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 612mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 27g