Chicken wings are easy to bake in the oven, and they come out crisp and delicious.
After baking, toss them in Buffalo sauce for that delicious, spicy stickiness. Serve with extra napkins!
Buffalo Chicken Wings
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Appetizer, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- 3.25 lb. whole chicken wings (3 lb. without the tips; 150g per person cooked)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil and fit the baking sheets with wire racks.
- Cut the tips off the chicken wings, and separate the drumettes and the flats (here’s a good video that shows how to do that).
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Arrange the coated chicken wings in a single layer on the wire racks, not touching each other. Bake until the skin is browned and crisp, about 35 minutes.
- Five minutes before wings are ready, prepare the Buffalo sauce: gently melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl; Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the baked chicken wings to the bowl and toss with the Buffalo sauce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 483; Fat: 36g; Saturated fat: 14g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 995mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 35g