Check out my healthy Thanksgiving recipes!
In this delicious Parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe, cauliflower florets are tossed in olive oil, garlic and parmesan, and baked until golden and creamy.
Delicious roasted cauliflower with olive oil, garlic and Parmesan. The cauliflower becomes so creamy and mild as it bakes.
I really dislike raw cauliflower. I find its flavor pungent and unpleasant. Not to mention the smell! But baking completely transforms cauliflower.
Parmesan roasted cauliflower is a tasty, creamy and cheesy side dish. Even the Picky Eater loves it! To keep it keto and low carb, I don’t use breadcrumbs in this recipe, and frankly I don’t miss them. It’s possible to sprinkle some almond meal on the top with the cheese, or maybe pork panko, but really, this Parmesan roasted cauliflower is delicious with just the cheese.
This dish also keeps well in the fridge, if you happen to have any leftovers. You can keep it for 3-4 days in a sealed container, and gently reheat in the microwave prior to serving.
Ever since I started eating low carb, I’ve been making cauliflower a lot. It’s a tasty, versatile vegetable that can work well to replace starchy dishes. Mashed cauliflower and cauliflower potato salad are staples in this household.
Parmesan Rosated Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and separated into florets (1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (40 grams)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to coat the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Transfer to a baking dish large enough to accommodate the florets in a single layer (such as a 9 X 13 rectangular baking dish).
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes.
- Turn the florets to the other side, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake 15 more minutes, until golden-brown. Serve the Parmesan roasted cauliflower immediately.