Buttery and flavorful, crisp and caramelized on the outside and creamy on the inside, roasted butternut squash is the perfect, lower-carb alternative to potatoes and sweet potatoes.
In this recipe, olive oil, garlic and chili powder combine to create a wonderfully intense experience.
- 1.5 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash cubes in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and use your hands to mix well.
- Add the salt, garlic powder and chili powder. Again, mix well.
- Arrange the coated butternut squash cubes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 15 minutes. Remove from oven, turn each cube to the other side and roast 15 more minutes, or until fork-tender.