Juicy, tender, flavorful grilled chicken breast. I make it in my George Foreman grill, but you can easily make it in any indoor or outdoor grill, or in a grill pan.
Grilled Chicken Breast
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Low-Carb
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (8 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Cut three shallow slits across the top of each chicken breast, to help the marinade better penetrate the meat. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, soy sauce, black pepper and garlic powder. Brush the chicken breasts on both sides with the marinade.
- Heat George Foreman grill, about 5 minutes, or a grill pan on high. Lightly spray with olive oil spray. Grill the chicken breasts 5 minutes on the George Foreman, or 5 minutes on each side on a grill pan, flipping them midway through cooking, until cooked through and no longer pink.
- The best way to ensure that the chicken breasts are done is using an instant-read thermometer. Thermometer should read 160-165 degrees F.
- Transfer the grilled chicken breasts to a sheet of foil, cover with another sheet of foil and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 chicken breast; Calories: 312; Fat: 9g; Carbohydrates: 0g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 595mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 52g