I can’t believe I’ve found a way to prepare okra that’s even better than my delicious roasted okra! This grilled okra is just as good as roasted okra, but it’s ready much faster, because you don’t have to heat an oven. It’s ridiculously easy to make, too. And just like roasting, grilling eliminates any sliminess.
- 1 pound (450 grams) fresh okra (350 grams after trimming)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat dual-contact indoor grill such as a George Foreman grill, or a grill pan.
- Rinse the okra and dry using a clean kitchen towel. Trim the ends.
- Place in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and salt.
- Transfer to the hot grill. Close the lid and press to flatten. Grill for 5 minutes if using a George Forman grill, or for 5 minutes on each side if using a grill pan, until fork-tender. Serve immediately.