An easy recipe for very tasty grilled chicken tenders, marinated in a tasty marinade of olive oil, honey, and hot sauce.
These grilled chicken tenders are delicious and very easy to make. The sweet-spicy marinade is wonderful. I make them often for my family. They are tasty, affordable, and easy to make.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty chicken recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- For the marinade, you’ll need olive oil, honey, hot pepper sauce, and kosher salt.
- You will also need 8 raw chicken tenders – total weight before cooking should be about 1 lb.
How to make grilled chicken tenders
It’s super easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Preheat your grill on medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix the marinade ingredients.
- Brush the marinade all over the chicken pieces.
- Grill until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, or a total of 4 minutes in a dual-contact grill such as George Foremen.
Should I marinate the chicken prior to grilling?
If you have time, marinate the chicken for an hour in the fridge before grilling. But you don’t have to. I usually simply brush the marinade over the chicken pieces and grill. The chicken comes out perfectly juicy and very flavorful.
How long to grill the chicken tenders?
This would depend on the grill you use. In my George Foreman grill, I grill them for a total of 4 minutes. In a grill pan, you will probably need to grill for about 3 minutes on each side.
What to serve with them?
Is this a healthy recipe?
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep in the fridge, in a sealed container, for 3-4 days. I don’t like to reheat them though, because reheating dries them out. So I shred them and use them as in this chicken cobb salad or in a lettuce sandwich.
More tasty chicken tenders recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Grilled Chicken Tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb. raw chicken tenders (8 pieces)
- Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush the marinade on both sides of the chicken tenders.
- Grill the tenders until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Their internal temperature should reach 165ºF.
- If using a dual-contact grill, cooking time will be shorter. I made these in my George Foreman Grill, and they came out juicy and perfect after a total of 4 minutes.