Coconut Shrimp Curry
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Primal/Paleo
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (8 oz)
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- ½ cup canned, full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 24 oz large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a deep, heavy 12-inch skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon of the salt and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, use a small fork to mix together the coriander, cumin, turmeric, black pepper, cayenne and the remaining teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and the mixed seasonings to the skillet. Cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Add the shrimp and cook, uncovered, occasionally stirring gently, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 290; Fat: 12g; Carbohydrates: 9g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 541mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 36g