This delicious Chinese-style chicken stir-fry features juicy chicken breast cubes and vegetables that are tender-yet-crisp. Most of the work here is gathering and prepping the ingredients – the cooking part is very fast.
Makes 6 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, raw
1 lb. package frozen chopped vegetables (I used a mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
3 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (unrefined will taste too coconutty)
1 medium onion, chopped (6oz)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger root
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
1. Cube the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
2. Place the frozen vegetables in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and microwave 3 minutes. Stir, cover again, and microwave 2 more minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
3. Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes and cornstarch. Set aside.
4. In a large, deep skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken breast cubes and stir-fry until no longer raw, turning the chicken pieces so that they are cooked on all sides, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
7. Add the vegetables and the sauce. Cook, stirring gently, until everything is well-coated and sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.
8. Off heat, drizzle with the sesame oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 8.3 g
Saturated Fat 4.8 g
Sodium 420.9 mg
Potassium 616.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 38.3 g