Tasty zucchini fritters are baked rather than fried. They are healthy, delicious, low carb and gluten-free!
Zucchini is not just healthy but also delicious, especially when young and firm. But these baked zucchini fritters truly take this vegetable to a whole new level. They are crispy, golden, and super flavorful. How good it feels, to eat something that’s healthy AND delicious!
How to make baked zucchini fritters
These tasty fritters are keto, low carb, gluten free and paleo. They don’t contain flour or breadcrumbs. I use almond flour instead, and a bit of coconut flour to absorb any extra liquid.
They are very easy to make! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. But here are the basics. Mix together grated zucchini, scallions, garlic, salt, pepper, eggs, almond flour, and coconut flour. Place mounds of the mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten, spray with olive oil, and bake about 15 minutes per side. That’s it! Easy.
Can I fry the them instead of baking?
Yes. You can fry them in batches in a nonstick skillet, in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry them over medium heat until golden-brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
How to serve baked zucchini fritters
You can serve them as a side dish, but they are substantial enough to be served as a main dish. I like to serve them with a side of tomato salad. It makes for a very colorful plate! They are also good with a side of roasted cherry tomatoes. You can bake both dishes in the same 400F oven.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power, or in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Baked Zucchini Fritters
- Grate the zucchini, using your food processor’s grating attachment, or the largest holes in a box grater, as shown in the video.
- Place the grated zucchini in a strainer set atop a bowl. Mix 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in. Allow to drain for 30 minutes, then press on the zucchini with a spoon to extract even more liquid. The more liquid you get rid of, the crispier the zucchini fritters will turn out. And please don’t skip this step, as tedious as it might seem – it is crucial to the success of this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and spray the parchment with olive oil.
- Transfer the grated zucchini to a medium bowl. Mix in the scallions, garlic, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, black pepper, eggs, almond flour and coconut flour.
- Use a 4-tablespoon scoop to scoop out mounds of the mixture into the prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to gently flatten and shape into rounds, as shown in the video. Spray the tops with olive oil.
- Bake the zucchini fritters until golden brown and wonderfully fragrant, about 15 minutes on each side, spraying again with olive oil after flipping them. Serve immediately.