Golden, crispy and very flavorful, grated Parmesan cheese makes an especially flavorful crust for these delicious and keto Parmesan chicken tenders.
I really like these keto parmesan chicken tenders, and make them often for my family.
Chicken, though healthy, is actually not my favorite meat. I much prefer beef and lamb. Pork is good too. I just find that poultry tends to be on the bland side, with the notable exception of chicken wings (yum).
So when I do make chicken, I make sure to season it well. Chicken tenders are wonderful because the coating is delicious. And the frying adds flavor and also helps the meat remain juicy.
Options for keto chicken tenders
Golden, crisp and very flavorful, grated Parmesan cheese makes an especially flavorful crust. It’s one of those keto recipes that even people who are not on any special diet love because it simply tastes good!
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Raw chicken tenders
- Dijon mustard
- Spices: garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
How to make keto parmesan chicken tenders
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Start by pounding the chicken pieces thin between two layers of wax paper.
- Brush the chicken pieces with the mustard and sprinkle with the spices.
- Dip them in the parmesan.
- Fry in olive oil until golden.
How to serve keto parmesan chicken tenders?
Serve them with any side dish you would normally make! They are very versatile.
So much cheese, is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is. Chicken is a healthy source of protein – it’s on the Harvard School of Public Health “Healthy Eating Plate.”
And current research says that full-fat dairy is harmless for most healthy people, and might even be beneficial.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of these keto parmesan chicken tenders in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
The parmesan coating does tend to lose its crispness, though. It’s best to reheat them in the oven, to regain some of that crispness. 15 minutes at 300°F should work.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 lb. raw chicken tenders (about 12 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the chicken tenders between two layers of wax paper and pound them 1/8-inch-thin.
- Brush both sides of the chicken pieces with mustard, and sprinkle with garlic powder and cayenne.
- Place the Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken pieces, one by one, into the Parmesan and press to coat.
- Heat a nonstick double-burner griddle (or two large nonstick skillets) over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Brush with olive oil. Fry the chicken tenders until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.