Golden, crispy and very flavorful, grated Parmesan cheese makes an especially flavorful crust for these delicious, low-carb Parmesan chicken tenders.
I really like these parmesan chicken tenders, and make them often for my family.
Chicken, though healthy, is actually not my favorite meat. I much prefer beef and lamb. Pork is good too. I just find that poultry tends to be on the bland side, with the notable exception of chicken wings (yum).
So when I do make chicken, I make sure to season it well. Chicken tenders are wonderful, because the coating is delicious. And the frying adds so much flavor, and also helps the meat remain juicy.
Options for low carb and keto chicken tenders
Golden, crisp and very flavorful, grated Parmesan cheese makes an especially flavorful crust for these delicious, low-carb and keto Parmesan chicken tenders. It’s one of these dishes that even people who are not on any special det loves, because it simply tastes good!
How to serve parmesan chicken tenders?
Serve them with any side dish you would normally make! They are very versatile. I like to serve them with a green vegetable (such as roasted brussels sprouts) and with healthy fries, such as baked zucchini fries or jicama fries.
So much cheese, is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is. Current research says that full fat dairy is harmless, and might even be beneficial.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftover parmesan chicken tenders in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. The parmesan coating does tend to lose its crispness, though. It’s best to reheat them in the oven, to regain some of that crispness. 15 minutes at 300°F should work.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 lb. raw chicken tenders (about 12 pieces)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the chicken tenders between two layers of wax paper and pound them 1/8-inch-thin.
- Brush both sides of the chicken pieces with mustard, and sprinkle with garlic powder and cayenne.
- Place the Parmesan in a shallow bowl. Dip the chicken pieces, one by one, into the Parmesan and press to coat.
- Heat a nonstick double-burner griddle (or two large nonstick skillets) over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Brush with olive oil. Fry the chicken tenders until browned, about 3 minutes on each side.