I don’t generally recommend eating sweet foods on a low carb diet. I believe the best thing you can do is wean yourself off the “need” for sweets. If you do indulge in sweets, such as this wonderful low carb coconut flour cake, make it a once-in-a-while thing rather than something you do regularly.
I do love this coconut flour cake. It is sweet – but not too sweet, fluffy and fragrant. It’s a real treat for anyone who loves coconut.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat, unsweetened, canned coconut milk
- ⅓ cup (5.5 tablespoons) honey*
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (84 grams) coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch glass pie plate with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs using a hand whisk. Whisk in the remaining ingredients one by one. Remember to shake the coconut milk can well before opening, and stir it after opening.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until browned and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosely cover with foil after the first 30 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan on a cooling rack, then slice and serve.