Sweet (but not too sweet), fluffy and fragrant, this coconut flour cake is a real treat for anyone who loves coconut.
Coconut Flour Cake
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten Free, Low Carb, Paleo
Yield: 8 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch glass pie plate with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs using a hand whisk. Whisk in the remaining ingredients one by one. Remember to shake the coconut milk can well before opening, and stir it after opening.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until browned and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosely cover with foil after the first 30 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- Cool 15 minutes in pan on a cooling rack, then slice and serve.
*For a low-carb version, try replacing the honey with ½ cup Swerve. I haven't tried it myself, so if you do, please let me know how it turned out! Nutrition info for this version: Calories 143, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 7g, Sodium 258mg, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 10g, Protein 5g
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 187; Fat: 10g; Saturated fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 19g; Sugar: 21g; Sodium: 258mg; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 5g