This fluffy, gluten-free chocolate cake is made with almond flour. Naturally sweetened with a touch of honey, it’s wholesome enough to occasionally be served for breakfast.
Almond Flour Chocolate Cake
Prep and Cool time
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert, Gluten-Free, Paleo
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 teaspoon melted butter for pan
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 9-inch glass pie plate with a circle of parchment paper. Grease the pan well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Gradually whisk in the almond flour and cocoa powder.
- Finally, whisk in the salt and baking soda. Batter will be fairly thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until center is set, and a toothpick inserted in it comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.
- Cool the cake on a cooling rack until it reaches room temperature, about 30 minutes, then slice and serve. Keep leftover covered in fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: ⅛ cake; Calories: 201; Fat: 10g; Saturated fat: 2g; Carbohydrates: 24g; Sugar: 18g; Sodium: 191mg; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 7g