Seared tuna is ready fast, making it an ideal choice for a delicious, healthy weeknight dinner.
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Low-Carb
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon organic cornstarch (optional)
- 4 (6 oz) tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- To make the sauce, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until warm and thickened. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan over high heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat. Arrange the tuna in the hot pan. Cook until a golden crust has formed and tuna is medium-rare, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the tuna to a cutting board. Cut into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices and serve with the sauce.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 tuna steak; Calories: 271; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 6g; Sugar: 4g; Sodium: 628mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 39g