Sticky, saucy, delicious teriyaki chicken made with low-sugar teriyaki sauce. My kids’ verdict? “This is your best chicken ever!”
Prep and Cool time
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Entree, Low-Carb
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 (4 oz) chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon konjac flour (or 1 teaspoon cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or sake
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Brush the drumsticks with olive oil. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake 45 minutes.
- 10 minutes before drumsticks should be done, prepare the teriyaki glaze: in a small saucepan, whisk together the soy sauce and konjac flour. Add the white wine, honey, minced garlic and minced ginger, whisking to combine. Heat the glaze over medium heat, whisking often, 3-4 minutes, until it thickens into syrup. Remove from heat.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks onto a serving platter. Brush with the teriyaki glaze, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 2 drumsticks; Calories: 208; Fat: 8g; Carbohydrates: 5g; Sugar: 4g; Sodium: 655mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 25g