Almond flour pizza crust is delicious. It’s nothing like regular crust, of course, but the almond flour, egg and seasonings bake into a crisp, flavorful crust that’s very good on its own, even without any toppings.
Ever since switching to a low carb diet, I’ve been looking for the perfect low carb pizza crust recipe. This comes very close, but I have to admit that this coconut flour pizza crust is even better. Of course, you can always make meatza!
- 2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups (6 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, salt, baking soda and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- With a rubber spatula, mix the egg into the flour mixture, then knead the crumbly mixture into uniform, smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared cookie sheet. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll into a large, 10-inch diameter, ¼-inch-thick circle.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, until golden and edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven. Switch oven to broil and set a rack 6 inches below flame (not directly below flame).
- Top the crust with the pizza sauce, sprinkle with mozzarella and add your toppings. Cover the edges of the crust with strips of foil to prevent them from burning.
- Return the pizza to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool and set for 5 minutes, then use a pizza cutter to cut into 8 triangles. Serve immediately.