In this mashed sweet potatoes recipe, the naturally sweet flavor of the sweet potatoes is enhanced by just a little sweet butter, honey and cinnamon. Preparation is super easy – cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave, then quickly whisk everything together. The result is fluffy and delicious.
- 1 very large (13 oz) sweet potato, unpeeled, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pierce the sweet potato with a fork on both sides. Microwave on high, 3 minutes per side or until tender (they’re ready when the flesh is easily pierced with a fork). Let stand 5 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the remaining ingredients, stirring, until warm but not hot. Don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- Use your fingers to peel the cooked sweet potato. Place it in a medium bowl. Mash well with a fork. Add the warm liquids gradually, whisking them in with a hand whisk. Keep whisking until very smooth, then serve.